Established in 2004 by Angel and Carol Soto the Tampa Music Conference (TMC) has consistently been hailed as one of central Florida’s most successful music networking event. As owners of a local record store, the Soto’s recognized a need for the local music community to come together in a professional networking environment. After the success of the first conference, it was obvious the educational part of the conference was just as important as the networking. Since then, the TMC has focused on booking quality speakers, providing a platform for growth and bringing a much needed spotlight to Tampa’s music scene.
The TMC has been held at various venues such as the Tampa Conventions Center, T-Pepin’s Hospitality Centre, The Ritz Ybor and The A La Carte Shrine Pavilion. The 2018 edition will be held at the beautiful Friday Morning Musicale Theater.
The mission of the TMC is to connect those aspiring to be in the music business with industry professionals and established acts from Tampa and around the country. It is an opportunity to not only learn, but to network with them.
Watch the video below and let us show you what the Tampa Music Conference is all about.
Come to network, stay for the weather!
Each year the event is held in Sunny Tampa, Florida! We’re proud to call this our home and host city. Whether you are here for the conference and/or visiting from elsewhere, check out some facts about the Tampa Bay Market.
According To Nielsen:
-Radio Ranking: 19 out of 276 Markets (as of Fall 2017)
-2015 Population: 3,767,999
-2015 Estimated average household income: $66,687
-2015 Average age: 42
The Beaches (Some of the best in the country):
Clearwater Beach / Indian Rocks Beach / Indian Shores / Redington Shores / North Redington Beach / Redington Beach / Madeira Beach / Treasure Island /St. Pete Beach / Pass-a-Grille Beach / Tierra Verde / Isla Del Sol
If you plan to visit the Tampa bay area for a few days consider the Tampa City Pass
Some other fun things to do while in Tampa:
- Busch Gardens – Theme park (Roller coasters, wild animals, entertaining shows, rides, food, shopping, sightseeing, bird shows, exotic flowers, train rides, Serengeti adventures, river rapids… the list goes merrily on. Wear comfy walking shoes and spend the day at this 300-acre park. You can even taste the Anheuser Busch brew that started it all.) Open Hours: 9:30am-dusk but varies daily and by season; Phone: 813- 987- 5082 www.buschgardens.com
- Seminole Hard Rock Casino –Discover Your Rock ‘n Roll Dreams. From the second the 50-foot Hard Rock guitar at the entrance catches your eye, this breathtaking Tampa vacation destination moves to the music in your soul,featuring lavish cascading fountains, snazzy sky-lit restaurants and bars, a huge 90,000-square-foot casino, exhilarating live entertainment, and our fitness center with latest equipment from Life Fitness Cardio. www.seminolehardrock.com
- Downtown St. Pete – Score a home run with the Tampa Bay Rays, hit the beach, browse through world class museums, or stroll along streets lined with graceful Mediterranean-style architecture. Whatever your taste, St. Petersburg offers you everything under the sun www.stpete.org/ThingsToDo/
- Salvador Dali Museum – Museum (Housing the largest collection of Salvador Dali works in the world, the museum offers a regularly changing exhibit of the legendary surrealist artist’s melting-watch canvases and a wide variety of his sculpture and fiber objects that are, at the very least, intriguing.) Open Hours: 9:30am-5:30pm Mon-Wed, Fri-Sat; 9:30am-8pm Thu; noon-5:30pm Sun; Phone: 727- 823-3767www.salvadordalimuseum.org
- The Florida Aquarium – Aquarium (This attraction features four main galleries displaying a variety of marine life native to Florida. The Wetlands Gallery is located under a glass dome, which houses an intriguing assortment of freshwater fish, birds, river otters and the infamous Florida ‘gator. You can observe the gallery from the Wetlands Lookout atop the mezzanine. The Bays & Beaches Gallery presents seahorses and lobsters, while the Coral Reefs Gallery displays colorful fish and moray eels. Take a moment to observe the Dragons Down Under from Australia and experience the 5000-gallon touch pool.) Open Hours: 9:30am-5pm daily; Phone: 813- 273- 4000 www.flaquarium.org
- Channelside District – Sightseeing (What used to be warehouses and empty lots is now Tampa’s newest elite shopping complex, known as the Channelside district. Starting with the Florida Aquarium and curving around to end at the Tampa Convention Center, the district also includes the Ice Palace, the Port of Tampa, a movie theater with an IMAX theater, dining in the form of Hooters, Grille 29, and Jackson’s and a variety of clothing and gift stores. Dance clubs, dinner, and a dueling piano bar are only a few of the pleasures that are guaranteed to create a great evening .Parking is available in several garages; street parking or free parking is limited.) www.channelside.com
- Lowry Park Zoo – Zoo (Tampa’s first zoo can trace its history back to the 1930s. In 1957, this collection of animals and birds was moved to its current location on 41 acres. Recognized as one of the top three mid-sized zoos in the country, it is home to more than 1,500 animals, some endangered, who reside in natural habitats.) Open Hours: 9:30am-5pm daily; Phone: 813- 935- 8552 www.lowryparkzoo.com
- Museum of Science and Industry M.O.S.I. – Museum (More than 450 activities await you at this non-profit facility dedicated to promoting a better understanding of science and technology. The Saunders Planetarium shows you the stars. Step inside the Gulf Coast Hurricane exhibit for a blast of tropical nightmare. At the IMAX dome, the world is bigger than life, filled with odd sights and sounds on a huge screen. Open Hours: M-F 9a-5p; Sa-Su 9a-7p Phone: 813- 987- 6300 www.mosi.org
- Adventure Island – Water Park (From four-foot waves in the Endless Surf wave pool to body flumes, twisting water slides and thrill rides that splash and slither, this 26-acre park at Busch Gardens is as much fun for I’m-a-kid-again adults as it is for children.) Open Hours: 10am-6pm daily Phone: 813- 987- 5600 www.4adventure.com/adventure_island/fla
- Ybor City – Tampa’s National Historic Landmark District. Florida’s Latin Quarter experience beckons you back to another era. Wrought iron balconies, globe streetlights, brick-lined walkways and the majestic architecture of cigar factories, social clubs and other unique buildings, provide a glimpse into an era rich with culture and history. Today, Ybor City is a shopping, dining and entertainment district where the ancient art of premium hand-rolled cigar making lives on. And, we also boast a nightlife as colorful as our Spanish Flamenco dancers. www.ybor.org